At our pediatric dental office in Chattanooga, we understand the importance of choosing the right pediatric dentist for your little one. While the process can seem overwhelming, there are a few steps you can take to make it easier.
Look and Listen
- Start by visiting the practice website. Do you get a good feeling? Do they look and sound like they understand kids?
- Look for reviews online and read a few. What are other parents saying? Is this the care you want for your child?
- Call the office and let them know you are looking for a dentist for your child. See how you feel about the initial greeting and how they handle your questions.
What to Ask
- Ask for a consultation and an office tour. Experiencing the office environment and meeting the dentists and staff will help you know right away if they are right for you.
- Ask about advanced or specialty training and postgraduate education.
- Ask the doctors how they deal with frightened, struggling, or special needs children.
- Ask about their x-rays and other equipment. Digital x-rays, for example, expose your child to lower radiation levels.
- How much time does the doctor spend talking with you and your child? Does he or she take the time to explain their philosophies and treatments?
- Listen to how the dentists and staff talk to children in the practice. Do they talk down to them? Do they seem impatient? Or are they gentle, respectful, and nurturing?
Most importantly, remember to trust your intuition and gauge how your child reacts to the environment.
At our pediatric dental office in Chattanooga, we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about our office, doctors, or philosophy. We have dedicated areas for our smallest patients and a fun office environment to make visits more enjoyable.
Finding the best pediatric dentist in Chattanooga for your child — one who makes them feel comfortable, at ease, and dare we say even enjoy their dental visits — can help set your child up for a lifetime of healthy smiles. After all, developing good oral health habits starts early, and taking care of baby teeth is just as important as taking care of permanent adult teeth.
If it’s time for your little one’s first dental visit and you’re looking for the right dentist for them, we’d love to talk to you! Give us a call today!